Tell Your Senators to Oppose the Regulatory Accountability Act
Science and Environment
The Regulatory Accountability Act (Senate Bill 951) has been called by the Environmental Defense Fund "the scariest legislation you've ever heard of." Masked in technicalities, the RAA is a backdoor attempt to fundamentally dismantle the ability of federal agencies to create regulations, and allow industry free play at the expense of our health, environment, and civil rights. It would make nearly every regulation impossible to enact. The bill has passed the House and is moving forward in the Senate.
Call your senators and tell them to oppose the RAA, Senate Bill 951 to safeguard the environment, health, food safety, worker protection standards, and more!
- Senator Dianne Feinstein: (415) 393-0707, (310) 914-7300, (202) 224-3841, or email
- Senator Kamala Harris: (415) 355-9041, (213) 894-5000, (202) 224-3553, or email
Suggested Script: I want to express my strong opposition to the Regulatory Accountability Act, Senate Bill 951. This Act is designed to impose almost insurmountable obstacles to enacting even the most critical regulatory protections for Americans--from food-borne illness to childhood lead poisoning and worker safety. These safeguards should not be politicized. I urge you to vote no.
Optional additional script: Share a personal example about how federally created protections impact you and/or people you care about. For example:
- I have children in my life, and I am concerned about even more toxic chemicals.
- I care about clean air and water, and this act would make it nearly impossible for the EPA to regulate new pollutants.
- I am a student, and I am concerned about the lack of regulation on the loan industry getting even worse.
- I live with a disability and am concerned about accessibility standards being diminished.
- I am a worker concerned about weakening health and safety standards that help protect me and my co-workers from getting injured on the job.